Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy 4th of July

This year for the 4th we went to my aunt's house in Virginia.  She lives on a small lake, nothing better then a weekend on the lake.





I have seen a couple of these posted on Pinterest and different blogs so I decided I had to try it.  I was so happy with the way they turned out!!! I can't wait to do them again for my cousin's wedding in September.

I took these pictures at dusk (right after the sun had set) there was still a little like in the sky so that you could see the background and the couple in the pictures.  As it got darker I bumped up the ISO to let in some more light.  My ISO started at about 250. I set my apperture to 5 and put my shutter speed on bulb.  I also had my camera on a tripod to help with the camera shake.

I told my sister and Mitchell to stand really still.  On "GO" Jamie ran around them with the sparkler and I clicked the shutter. When he was done I clicked the shutter again, it was about 6 seconds.



As you can see the more practice we got the better our pictures turned out.





My aunt's neighbor is also a licensed pyrotechnics so he does a great firework display.  Even though Ruben and Syd spent the night in the camper hiding, we enjoyed watching the fireworks from the dam.